Online sales and management training for wine and beverage industry professionals.
This 8-week online course* provides sales and management training for suppliers and distributors in the wine and alcohol beverage industry. Through exploration of route-to-market strategies for alcoholic beverages, students gain client-facing sales and territory management skills. Building on this knowledge, students complete weekly series of pre-recorded micro-lectures and submit activities or quizzes with video coaching and feedback from the instructor.
March 26 - May 21, 2019
$1100 ($995 if registered by 5/7)
Instructor: Kevin Shea
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Identify off-premise business opportunities
- Understand merchandising concepts
- Develop and explain product sales concepts and pricing methodology
- Evaluate and interpret buyer preferences and priorities
- Compose and communicate various cost calculations
- Deliver professional presentation of pricing solutions for clients
- Identify logistical inefficiencies and develop solutions for improvement
- Demonstrate effective time management strategies
About the Instructor
Kevin Shea has been involved with all aspects of selling wine and managing salespeople within the three-tier system. He has been Director of Sales Force development at Gallo, General Sales Manager for Martignetti Distributing Rhode Island, and Northeast Director of Sales for Trinchero Family Estates and Deutsch Family. He is currently consulting in the wine business for exporters seeking to gain representation in the US and small winery project developments in California. Additionally, he is developing online sales skills training courses for the three Tier industry. Kevin has participated in rootstock grafting, harvesting, wine blending, cooperage seminars, label design and hospitality events. Kevin has travelled to wine regions in Spain, Italy and Chile. He has also been a technology vendor for wineries and visited over 100 wineries in the US and abroad.