The Wine Business Institute Research Summit is a gathering of academics, scholars, and wine industry professionals devoted to research in the economic, social, and management of the wine sector.
2021 marks the WBI’s 25th anniversary as a pioneer in providing industry relevant wine business education and research.
In this vein, the 2021 Wine Business Institute Research Summit highlights Leadership Through Innovation. Wine businesses continue to adapt and reinvent themselves, not only to survive but also to thrive and seize new opportunities. The 2021 program will feature insights ranging from maintaining a competitive advantage and digital marketing to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in the wine industry.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- Kat Stark, director of Wine.com Experiences, on Live Stream Tastings.
- Samual Riewe, professional Economics faculty member at Sonoma State University, on The Connoisseurs’ Guide to Collecting and Analyzing Fine Data.
- Dr. Steven Cuellar, SSU professor of Economics, on Pricing in the Digital World.
- Stephen Rannekleiv, global sector strategist beverages from Rabo AgriFinance, on Rethinking the Route to Consumer.
- Dr. Armand Gilinsky, SSU Korbel Professor of Wine Business, on Sustaining the Wine Industry During and After the Pandemic: Go Local? Go Social?
- Pierre Costa, founder of Somm Digital and SSU professional wine business faculty member, on An Altered Landscape for Digital Marketing.
- Dr. Robert Eyler, SSU professor of Economics, on COVID-19, the Economy in 2020 and 2021: How Can the Economy Rebound?
- Terry Hill, partner in BPM's Advisory Practice, on Managing Cash Flow and Deciding to Sustain or Chart a New Course.
- Dr. David McCuan, SSU professor of Political Science, on 2020 Politics and Wine: Red, White, & the Unknown Amidst a Pandemic.
Full program details will be announced soon.