Professor of Economics
- University of Oregon - Ph.D. in Economics
- University of Oregon - M.A. in Economics
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Seoul, Korea) - M.B.A. in International Economics
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Seoul, Korea) - B.A. in International Trade
- Macroeconomics: Minimum Wage, Equality, and Corruption International Economics: Immigration, FDI, and Trade
- Education: Tertiary Education and Externalities
I was born in Seoul, South Korea and did my undergraduate (major in international trade and minor in political science), MBA (international economics and finance), and the doctor’s course in international economics and finance at the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, South Korea.
I came into the U.S. in 2000 and earned my master and doctoral degrees in economics at the University of Oregon.
I have been teaching macroeconomics, international economics, and time series econometrics at Sonoma State University since 2007. The main topics of my research have been immigration, minimum wages, and tertiary education.
- Kim, C. & Lim, G. (2017). Immigration and domestic wage: An empirical study on competition among immigrants. Applied Economics, Vol. 49, No. 34, pp. 3351-3358.
- Kim, C. & Bouvet, F. (2014). Are U.S. imports really hurting U.S. households?: An analysis of the relationship between U.S. households’ consumption and U.S. imports. Global Business and Economics Review, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 157-178.
- Kim, C. & Lim, G. (May 2013). Who has to pay for their education?: Evidence from European tertiary education. Educational Researcher, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 250-252.
- Kim, C. & Lim, G. (2012). Social returns to college education: Evidence from South Korean college education. Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 19, 2012, pp. 1537-1541.
- Kim, C. & Henrickson, K. (July 2012). Empirical estimates of the long-run labor market adjustments to immigration. International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 3, No. 15, pp. 39-52.
- Kim. C. & Lim. G. (May 2011). Immigration, FDI, and international trade. Journal of Korea Trade, Vol. 15, No. 2, May 2011, pp. 1-20.