- University of Cordoba (Spain) - Ph.D. in Economics
- University of Huelva (Spain) - Professional Expert Degree "Employment Strategies, Promotion and Participation"
- University of Cordoba (Spain) - Master's in Economics
- Simon Bolivar Andean University Ecuador - Master's in International Relations
- University of Seville (Spain) - Bachelor's in Economics
- The political economy of regional integration in Europe and Latin America
- Globalization and development
- History of Latin America economic and political thoughts
- International aid and cooperation
- Social responsibility
- Immigration and development
Dr. Angel Casas-Gragea has 14 years experience in academia, in various parts of the world, including Mexico, Ecuador, Spain, and the U.S.
Ángel M Casas-Gragea grew up in Spain where he earned his Bachelor's degree at the University of Seville. He received his PhD in 2003 from the University of Cordoba in Spain. Professor Casas-Gragea has been involved for more than 15 years with a variety of public and private higher education institutions throughout Europe and Latin America as a full-time and visiting professor. He served 6 years in the Spanish Agency for International Development in Mexico, overseeing extensive education projects. He has also collaborated with the Inter-American Development Bank and Andean Community. Since 2009 he has been distinguished as a member of the National System of Researchers of the Mexican’s National Council of Science and Technology.
- Casas Gragea, A. M. and Orbes Revelo, B. (2014). Border integration and land transport of merchandise between Colombia and Ecuador. Integration & Trade. 18 (38): 55-63.
- Casas Gragea, A. M. (2006). International economic policy in the new regional integration of the Americas: The Andean community case. Integration & Trade. 6 (16): 95-156.
- Casas Gragea, A. M., Briceño Ruiz, J., & Rivarola Puntigliano, A. (2012). Editors. Integración latinoamericana y caribeña. Política y economía (Latin American and Caribbean Integration: Politics and Economics) Fondo de Cultura Económica (Spanish Edition)
- Casas Gragea, A. M. and J. Briceño Ruiz, (2010). Editors. Integración regional (Regional Integration) Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (Spanish Edition)
- Casas Gragea, A. M., (2009). Editor. Salvador de Madariaga. Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (Spanish Edition)
Edited Book Chapters, Reports, and Correspondence in Spanish:
- Casas Gragea, A. M. (2015). Book review of North American Integration. An Institutional Void in Migration, Security and Development by Gaspare M. Genna and David A. Mayer-Foulkes. Foro Internacional (Spanish Edition) Pp. 625-631.
- Casas Gragea, A. M. (2015). Informe de investigación: Estudio sobre el regionalismo sudamericano actual y los modos regionales para el desarrollo (Research Report: Study on the Current South American Regionalism and Regional Models for Development). Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar (Spanish Edition)
- Casas Gragea, A. M. (2013). Estados, desarrollo e integración en América Latina (States, Development and Integration in Latin America). In El SICA: diálogos sobre una integración dinámica y singular en América Latina. Edited by F. Santos Carrillo and O. Pozo Teba. Fundación ETEA para el Desarrollo y la Cooperación (Spanish Edition) Pp. 61-98.
- Casas Gragea, A. M. and Bocanegra, P. Y. . (2013). La responsabilidad social empresarial y la cooperación Sur-Sur en el Proyecto Mesoamérica: opciones para el desarrollo (Corporate Social Responsibility and South-South Cooperation in the Mesoamerica Project: Options for Development) In América Latina: cómo construir el desarrollo hoy. Edited by G. Vidal, A. Guillén and J. Déniz. Fondo de Cultura Económica (Spanish Edition) Pp. 373-394.